Join Our Team
WordPress Designer / Developer
Location: Manahawkin, New Jersey (Local Only!)
Job Title: WordPress Designer / Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Founder/Creative Director
- Competitive starting wage – based on experience & skill
- Opportunity for bonuses & advancement
- Paid time off
- Health benefits
Creative Click Media is seeking a qualified WordPress Designer / Developer. This is a key position that will responsible for design and development of a large quantity of website projects from start to completion. The Designer / Developer will have the ability to work on a wide range of clients throughout many different industries. This is a critical position as we look to add to our web department of elite designers and developers. A successful candidate must demonstrate a solid understanding of original website and mobile site design, must be able to show examples of their previous work, and must have experience in designing websites based on the WordPress platform.
Overall responsibility for all website development and maintenance projects. As the Designer/Developer, you will:
- Interface directly with our clients and our other team members.
- Manage process of completing sites (scheduling, copy, pictures, layout, design, development, etc.) from kickoff to completion and training.
- Run kickoff calls with Account Managers, create initial designs, manage the process of building and completing sites using WordPress and deliver finalized sites to clients.
- Respond to website-related Tech Support tickets and assist if needed with Customer Support for clients with questions and/or problems on website issues.
- Provide weekly updates on all Projects.
- Coordinate with designers, developers and support staff as needed.
- Candidates with superior design skills will have the opportunity to design front-end of existing sites and serve as a graphic designer for print pieces using Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
- Solid Organization and Communication skills required.
- Experience with WordPress programming and WordPress Theme customization.
- One to Three years of website design and development required.
- Graphic design skills using Photoshop and/or Illustrator a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML, and DNS issues helpful.
- Knowledge of php, joomla, gmail, e-commerce systems helpful.
- Strong communication skills and positive attitude mandatory.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently, but also know how to work with a team.
- References REQUIRED.
- WordPress Website Development: minimum 1 year
- Website Design: minimum 1 year
- High school or equivalent
- BA in Computer Science, Graphic/Web Design a plus
Think you’ve got the skills we’re looking for?
Please respond to this ad with your cover letter, resume and the top 5 websites you’re most proud of. At a minimum, 3 of the websites must be responsive.
This is an onsite position. Remote candidates will not be considered.
We are a team of technology innovators and creative minds who are on the lookout for talented individuals to join us. As a small, friendly group of designers, developers and strategists, we are passionate about building great websites, while also building a strong company. We are dedicated to bringing creative jobs to the local area and are looking for others who want to help us grow. Located in downtown Manahawkin, our office is a stone’s throw away from Long Beach Island.